Hey everyone! I want to personally connect with everyone who visits my website so to humanize myself here are 5 crazy/fun facts about me!
1. I currently have 3 tattoos: A healing rune from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments (Shadowhunter Chronicles), A quote that says "Your body hears everything you think", and a large thigh piece that is a custom design of ribs in the shape of a heart with dot work flowers. I can't wait to get more. Right now I am designing a half sleeve to someday have on my right arm, but until then I can only dream!
2. I have 8 piercings: 2 ear cartilage, 4 regular ear lobe piercings, a nose ring, and a vertical labret lip ring.
On the note of piercings, in high school I wanted a belly button piercing. When you're a minor you have to the parents consent and permission to get a piercing. Well, I was as rebellious as they come so I decided to have a stranger pierce it with a safety pin.
Honestly, thinking about it even now I can feel the shivers down my spine. I mean it was a regular safety pin, not even a hollow needle... no antiseptic of any kind. It took about an hour to shove it through. A regular piercing couldn't fit through it so I had to take it out...
I still to this day will never re-pierce it, the memory still haunts me.
3. I sang, danced, and did gymnastics for almost all my life. I performed with Wildflower school of voice for about 13 years. One of my most beloved family friends was my singing teacher and helped shape my passion for the arts. I was in a band for awhile but the studio was corrupted and I no longer felt it was healthy for me to stay in the environment. I did ballet and jazz from when I could walk to when I was becoming a teen.
4. I have written many things, but I am currently working on 3 novels. My biggest dream is to one day have my writing published. I write realistic fiction, but I have also written a memoir. I know what you might be thinking; you're 21 what could you possibly have to write about? I have experience a journey of mental illness for most of my life and in which I identify as a survivor of something in which I wish to remain private. Although, I have seen many things and I wanted to write it in hopes that someone will relate to it and find themselves in my writing and see that there is hope in the future even when you go through hell and back.
5. I identify as queer; I identify as a demigirl/gender queer and I identify as pansexual. I feel comfortable sharing my identities because my whole life I was put down and I was forced to push down my feelings. I worked at the Colorado State University, Pride Resource Center for almost 3 years. With my work I was able to become more comfortable in my identity and meet so many others that I could connect with. Now I love going to the Denver Pride Festival and have a grand time!